Sunday, September 9, 2007

GREAT NIGHT OUT AT THE DENTAL BALL!!!






Hey all,
what a FAN....TAS....TIC night!!! One not to be forgotten and surely the next dental balls can only get better!!!! :) Well done to Kazza for organising the hotel room at the Liberty Towers! Excellent views to say the least!! If I had to critique the dental ball I would say that they served excellent food, good wine, the beer was average (west end draught i believe), excellent company, and good music! Well done to the organisers from the AUDSS! The cost was well worth it. To finish my critique....the only thing they could do better next time is serve better beer!!! and perhaps put the 'door prize' ticket under my seat hehe ;)
Cheers to 12 of the BOH 1 class that attended, hope to see more people there next year! :)

4 comments:

stuart said...

Yeah it was a pretty awesome night out...I think I rocked back to the hotel room at like 3.30....and then woke up at 6 for a dawn run along the beach with Nick and Laura.

Highlights include Angus actually managing to get his old man (who's an absolute legend btw) out of bed at 2am to bring him ID to get into the Pier (where he stayed for a grand total of 15mins :P). Actually remembering the dance actions to 'Stop' by the Spice Girls surprised us all. And Luke's singing about 4am.

As Luke said, there was a pretty good show (about 12 of us from 1st yr BOH), but I reckon it would be even better if we could all rock up to dent ball '08!!

Nick said...

Beautiful, elegant and looks damn fine in a dress! But enough about me. All who attended on the night scrubbed up beautifully (as you can see in the pics/vid). Thanks again Karina for the excellent idea of booking a hotel room.

Stuart, you forgot some other highlights including:
Stuart climbing over every obstacle within 1km if jetty road, then being confused as to why he got out of bed with leg cramps.
Luke unwittingly walking towards some police officers in a dry zone with a can of bourbon in his hand!
Me attempting to dance.

It was a great party, due in no small part to all the BOH1 that were able to come. Hope to get even more of us along next year!

anh_thao said...

haha wow sounds like all of you had a great time! The video was hilarious too. And Laura!!! Aww it would've been great to see her! I hope she can still check in on our blog.

Hopefully next year I'll be able to come along and join all of you!

stuart said...

@Nick - it wasn't *every* obstacle within a 1km radius! Looking back on it I reckon it probably had something to do with dancing to 'living on a prayer' (which got played twice in my presence and resulted in the loss of one of the buttons on my suit).

Also of note was running up to the ocean and then jumping back onto the raised concrete bit a few feet jetty-side of the stairs. For some reason Karina, Susan and Acacsia followed me up (in high heels and all) before noticing that a 6foot detour to the stairs would have been markedly easier. They even had the audacity to criticise me for helping them up when I could have told them about the steps...The ingrates!